PHYSICAL DISABILITY PLANNING GROUP
The main job of the Joint Planning Group is to plan Health and Community Care Services to meet the needs of the people of Midlothian. They aim to provide strategic leadership and direction to services for adults with physical disabilities in Midlothian through the implementation of the associated Action Plan 2012-2015.
- To oversee the delivery of the Joint Physical Disability Action Plan 2012-2015;
- To monitor the progress of the identified actions and associated tasks within agreed timescales;
- To ensure services for people with physical disabilities in Midlothian are aligned to pan-Lothian and national service planning and delivery;
- To take decisions to support delivery of the Action Plan in partnership with the respective organisations involved;
- To implement systems of reporting, evaluation and quality management;
- To maintain links with the wider community planning structure;
- To maintain links with appropriate groups representing physically disabled people and to ensure their views are included in the work of the group;
- To ensure front line staff are aware and updated on the work of the group;
- To contribute and ensure that Midlothian’s views are represented in local, pan-Lothian and national, consultation exercises;
- Ensure learning from local and national reports and research is implemented across the partnership.
Bonnyrigg & Lasswade Seniors Forum Important Links